Tuesday, July 19, 2005

China Bound

I leave for China on August 15th.....I went to DC to get my visa from the Chinese Embassy. Still can't believe I'm going. Should be a blast. Here are some pics of some of the things I will see. That is if we dont change our itinerary and instead of going south we go west to the Tibet and the Himalayas- The rooftop of the world. But as of now, we are heading to Beijing...then to the south to a city called Guilin and the river Li and then work our way north to Suzhou and the other canal and garden cities. So the first couple pics are of Guilin and then Suzhou and then Beijing. In case your wondering...going with my good friend Daniel Cohee...our third trip together...first was Spain, Portugal, and Gibraltar...the second was London, Dublin, Scotland and Norway. Brien Meyer was with us on that one but he cant make the China trip...Brien you can still change your mind buddy!
We are going to start a Gentleman's Expedition Club where we smoke pipes and banter back and forth about our past exploits and our future adventures.



















Tibet? If we change our mind and head west...we will go to the rooftop of the world
Go to the city where the Dali Llama has his palace....where for a thousand years no foreigner set foot in the city....
And could possibly go take a look at the tallest mountain in the world.
The three pics of the Potala Palace...One of the top wonders of the world, on top of the world!





4 Comments:

At 7/19/05, 4:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jordan, these photos are awesome and I am totally thrilled that you have the chance to go to China. I wish I could say the same for what I'll be doing on August 15th! China has the most fascinating and brilliant art and history and culture. Anyway, keep watching the weather channel so you know what you're up against. And have a mind-blowingly fantastic trip!

 
At 7/19/05, 5:27 PM, Blogger Jordan said...

Hey Syd
arent those awesome pictures....what will be even better is that I can see those places in person!
I am a lucky son of a gun. : ) I am really looking forward to seeing my best friend too....
and he is looking forward to seeing me too...
this is what he said in his last email....
" Anyway, yeah I'm looking forward to getting my travel on. You're going to be loving china. Be prepared for everyone to be stare at you
like you're a zoo animal - that's quite common. I go weeks without seeing another cracker so we're pretty rare here"
When I heard that...I was like AWESOME!
I love being on center stage! ha ha
But thanks for the happy travels wish...but didnt you
know that I am going to see you tomorrow?
I am going to Kings Dominion with you guys!!
Oh yeah!! Brian Wolf called me and told me that we have to make Janet ride roller coasters....so you going to help me?
See ya bright and early...ugh....get up at 6 am.
so on that note....good night
ha ha

 
At 7/19/05, 10:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. :) Yes, I know I will be seeing you tomorrow! I couldn't miss it since I had to plan the entire roster....
So we can talk more about China tomorrow, but I know we'll be busy hanging out with kids so I wanted to give my happy travels wish while I knew I had your attention. ;)
See you tomorrow!!

 
At 7/20/05, 10:22 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I hope you have an awesome trip and don't get locked up! Remember the purpose of your visit is to spread the "nostril" not the Gospel.

If you get to meet the Dali Llama, would you ask him, "how you can be reincarnated as a dog?" They got life easy, just laying around all day and cold chillin.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home