Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Untitled

Back by popular demand.

This is something I wrote 4 years ago....way back in February of 2001.

I am not a man of in betweens
I am either here or there
I see the space behind the face
I know the beat upon thy heart
I see beyond your words and footsteps
I stand alone listening to the song of leaves dancing in the wind
I vanish away- I fade into the gentle breeze
I fade into your eyes
I fade into the earth I tread upon
I fade into the distance-
the distance I see in this life
The distance of this earth stretches into infinity
And I can barely comprehend it,
Before it collapses back into the snap of the wind
The song of the birds,
The smile in your face,
It fades away- the distance fades away
Everything near fades into an oblivious sharp epiphany
I see the calmness of the earth
I see the traffic, I see the movement
The constant change is static
And it stretches apart from me
My searching eyes its focal point
time, place, circumstance, memory and moment
reign no more upon my soul.
Everything fades away from me inside of me
This earth, this grey shadow of reality...
fragile on the reflection of a teardrop
So various, so beautiful, so new
So static, so grey, so old.
A paradox within my eyes
Within my mind upon my soul
Everything grey fades away from me and into me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home