Saturday, September 24, 2005

Archiving Quotes & Thoughts

This means there are new thoughts and quotes on the sidebar!! Yippee! I really enjoyed this weeks quotes.


Quotes for the Week
But often, in the world's most crowded streets, But often, in the din of strife, There rises an unspeakable desire. After the knowledge of our buried life; A thirst to spend our fire and restless force. In tracking out our true, original course. A longing to inquire. Into the mystery of this heart which beats. So wild, so deep in us- to know. Whence our lives come and where they go. - Matthew Arnold

Across my foundering deck shone. A beacon, an eternal beam. Flesh fade, and mortal trash. Fall to the residuary worm; world's wildfire, leave but ash; In a flash, at trumpet crash, I am all at once what Christ is, since he was what I am, and this Jack, joke, poor potsherd, patch, matchwood, immortal diamond, Is immortal diamond. -Gerard Manley Hopkins

"Faith means you want God and want to want nothing else." Brennan Manning

Thoughts for the Week
First thought...My sleep patterns are back to normal after China. The routine has started to settle back into its normal course. I am both pleasantly pleased by this yet slightly disturbed at the same time. Trying to fight against the normalcy and complacently that is so easy to slide back into amidst the comfortable confines of our American lifestyle. I am not upset about our condition because I know each culture desires comfort but what I am concerned with is my casual indifference towards those who suffer.

Public Relations. It sounds like an official term but we all take part in it. Its a funny thing that our deepest desires is to be wholly known and to wholly know others and yet we put on so many different masks. We are afraid that if we take off our masks we will be rejected by others. And therein lies the problem; we fear more the rejection of others than believe in the acceptance from God.

I enjoy those days when my body seems quite rested and the land laid out before me seem quite deep and distant as if I'm living on a different plane from that which surrounds me. This speaks to me of Heaven

5 Comments:

At 9/24/05, 7:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lol... i was just reading your "top three thoughts of the day thing"... and read the milk... and it made me laugh. Now I'm going to stay up tonight wondering who on earth makes up the expiration date for milk!!!! Darn you Jordan!!

Oh by the way, this is Laura. I'm too lazy to log in.

 
At 9/24/05, 10:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

a quote relating to your last post:

Married couples who love each other tell each other a thousand things without talking. -Chinese Proverb

 
At 9/24/05, 10:41 PM, Blogger Jordan said...

thats a very appropriate quote....and I believe those Chinese people got something right with that..

 
At 9/27/05, 9:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jordan was was the quote (I think from Rich Mullins) that was talking about loving others freely?

 
At 9/27/05, 11:47 AM, Blogger Jordan said...

which quote are you referring to?
"When our lives are through, we will regret only that we loved too little, never that we loved too much." "But if I love others, I will be vulnerable; I will appear weak; I may get hurt. Remember, someday you'll be dead. It won't last forever. So while you still have life, love everybody you can love. Love them as much as you can love them. Love freely."
- Rich Mullins
That was on my Sept. 6 post.
And yep...thats from Rich Mullins.
What an amazing guy. Everybody should read the book about him called "An Arrow pointing to Heaven"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home