Sunday, September 04, 2005

Helping those in China

I had someone ask me what they could do to to help the people in China and in case you missed my comment in my previous entry, I thought I would give it its own article.

Firstly and most importantly, pray for their continued saftey, the strengthening of their faith and that their suffering continues to produce perseverance, character, hope and love. Romans 5:3-5


The non-profit group, China Aid, is an advocate for the persecuted Church in China.

http://www.chinaaid.org/english/index.php
They posted the following:
Ways You Can Help Us and the Persecuted Christians in China:
Pray for them. You may refer to our press releases listed on this website.

Tell others about the persecution situation in China.

Write letters to your respective senators or representatives, and China government's diplomatic officials. (I have already started on a letter)

Make tax deductible donations to help our investigation and advocacy efforts.

I would add another one here. Not to forget about the persecution in China but to look at the below sites daily and become an expert on whats going on there so that you may be an advocate to everyone you meet.

This is another great website for the pesecuted Church worldwide.
http://www.persecution.net/

For those of you that want to get more involved and have have ministry experience there is a great need for missionaries in China. One of the churches greatest needs is for teachers and pastors to come and educate them more about the Bible and Theology. If it works out Dan and I plan on going back to China in May to teach in the underground Church.
If you are interested in looking into this then I could probably put you in touch with the needed people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home