Thursday, October 06, 2005

Blue eyed boy meets a brown eyed girl

I want you to get swept away
I want you to levitate
I want you to sing with rapture
I want you to dance like a dervish
I want you to be deliriously happy
Love is passion, obsession. To fall head over heels.
To forget the head and listen to your heart.
To make the journey and not fall deeply in love...ah
You have to try and if you haven't tried you haven't lived.

-Those are the lines from one of my favorite movies...can you guess??
Meet Joe Black
And from one of my favorite actors... Anthony Hopkins

Definition of a dervish. "A member of any of various Muslim ascetic orders, some of which perform whirling dances and vigorous chanting as acts of ecstatic devotion."
Definition of deliriously. "Marked by uncontrolled excitement or emotion; ecstatic: delirious joy."

7 Comments:

At 10/6/05, 12:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great quote from a great movie! It describes, so well, how many wish to feel when they fall in love/commit to love.
One of the wisest men I've known, my grandfather, used to advise to "If your heart says yes then don't ask your head b/c you'll just waste time analyzing why your heart says yes." He was a great man.

 
At 10/6/05, 1:04 PM, Blogger Jordan said...

I like what your grandfather had to say....I have witnessed a lot of people battle between their heart and head. But if your heart is saying yes...I agree with your grandfathers conclusion! : )

 
At 10/7/05, 10:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is exciting to take a chance following your heart. And no matter what happens at least you'll never look back and wonder "what if."

 
At 10/7/05, 3:02 PM, Blogger Jordan said...

Dear Anonymous...
I agree. Glad you feel that way.

 
At 10/18/05, 6:40 PM, Blogger kathrynthomas said...

jordan--
i absolutely love that passage. my father used to quote it to me. (we apparently watched that film alot.) thanks for the definitions. they definitely give it greater meaning.

 
At 10/25/05, 5:25 PM, Blogger Alcarwen said...

that's a wonderful movie... and a beautiful passage....

 
At 11/9/05, 10:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Jordan,
Good to see you listenting to Johnny Cash. I have found the same hits on the record in my head. Hoep you are doing well.
I miss you and would love to hear from you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home