Sunday, February 26, 2006

"I have a blog?"



So what does one say when you haven't posted in nearly 2 months? And havent seriously posted since October?
I can't think of anything... I guess same thing happened these last couple months.
So I am watching Family Guy right now. Peter Griffen and his buds are dressed up as the A-Team.
That was a good show. I was a kid when it was on, I remember Mr. T and all that gold weighing him down. If the Mafia wanted him dead they wouldnt have had to attach cinder blocks to his feet.
Now Family Guy is doing a satire on the whole Rocky movie when he fights the Russian...whats his name Ivan Drago?
Thats off the top of my head and I am not going to google it.
But anyway, train of thought going on here.
Today in Church my mind was wondering. I always feel guilty about that. I am staring at the ground or up at a wall and then bam it hits me....I'm daydreaming. I sit up. Move my back against the chair, cross my leg, fold my hands on my knee and look right at the pastor. Its not his fault at all, its a great sermon. Talking about Israelites crossing the Red Sea, one of the three big moments in Exodus. I find myself start to drift back to my Bible. There's a map of the path the Israelites took across the Sea as they zigzagged back and forth through the desert just like my mind was zigzagging through the memories of my mind. Its hard to believe I was in Egypt almost 6 years ago. My mind was elsewhere. Racing against my friends in the hot desert sun from one pyramid to the next. Feeling like a kid when I climbed up Snefuru's Red Pyramid looking into the hazy horizon while the paid off Tourist police sat on his camel. Riding horseback at midnight around the pyramids and getting lost in the pitch black night hoping my horse knew his way home. Walking through the Khan el-Khalili market after swerving back and forth in a wild taxi ride. Hiking through the Valley of the Kings with the hot sun at my back and venturing into thousands years old tombs. Sailing on the Nile river where the desert's rolling hills met the cool blue waters.
And my mind is still wandering.
I told my fiance today how I felt.
I think this world is huge. I love history because it displays the immensity of our world throughout time and space. Walking in the desert next to 4,000 year old Temples and pyramids and now I am sitting at Church...reading, hearing about the people that were there so long ago....nothing seperates us but time.
And from that time to now, the time I have been away from my blog is next to nothing!!
So please forgive me.
Anyway, I am blown away by the whole time thing, the immensity of time and all the people and events that have ever taken place, and God is there and he is outside time and space. He is not constrained or contained by it.
All of it. This world, this space and all of time is being expressed at once; without time.
It is beyond my finite mind to comprehend but it gives me comfort to think about it.
It gives me comfort to think about how we are already sitting at the right hand of God.
We forget about that too much. The immensity of that needs to be in our life.
Knowing that God is bigger than even that immensity makes thinking about it even better.
For me, it gives me perspective. It gives me hope. It gives me comfort.

1 Comments:

At 3/1/06, 1:07 AM, Blogger kathrynthomas said...

the whole concept of the timelessness is very t.s. eliot. i'd recommend his "four quartets", if you have not yet had the pleasure. it is one of the most amazing literary works. also, it is linked from my blog if you're interested. :) glad you're back.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home