Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Pictures & 80's Nostalgia

I mentioned last week that I would post some wedding pictures. Well, I am lazy, below is the same link that enables you to see ALL the pictures our photographer took.

A LINK to some Wedding Pics! Click on Jordan/Jessica Formals and Ross/Blue Ceremony and Reception
Click here for pics.

Here are some more pictures.



Snorkels. Remember them? The underwater Smurf knock-off. This was a short-lived series introduced in 1984. It may have been short-lived but it was definately enduringly loved in my heart. Super Snorkel Fan 4EVER!!
Snorkel Curious? Click Here.



He-Man. What else can one say than to quote the best cartoon intro of all times?
"I am Adam, Prince of Eternia, Defender of the secrets of Grey Skull. This is cringer my fearless friend. Fabulous secret powers were revealed to me the day I held my magical sword aloft and said "By the Power of GREY SKULL!" "I have the power!!!!" Cringer became the mighty battlecat and I became HE-Man the most powerful man in the universe!!.... It goes on. If you want to see the rest, click on link below.


He-Man Rocks! Click Here to watch Intro Video Clip.

La, la, la, la, la, la, sing a happy song
La, la, la, la, la, la, Smurf the whole day long


Smurftastic Baby!



Who could forget Punky Brewster? If you did, check out Wikipedia.
Punky Brewster. Important Info.

Last and most obsccure video of the day. Who remembers this guy?

Moon Mac Commercial.

Here's the real bonus question. What is the title of the song that Mac changes to his own words?
Answer found in comments section.

12 Comments:

At 10/18/06, 1:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The answer to your bonus question is Mac the Knife.

 
At 10/18/06, 8:37 AM, Blogger Jordan said...

Wow! Good Answer. Did you get that right away? So if you know the name of the song then I am sure you know the singer...but lets leave that for someone else to try and get...so the bonus bonus question is...who sang Mac the Knife?
Buttercup...how have you been?

 
At 10/19/06, 8:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jordan, The wedding pics are gorgeous! Jessica looks so beautiful! Was your photographer from Tennessee?

 
At 10/19/06, 10:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, she was. From Murfreesboro to be exact. She did an amazing job. They look like pics you would find in a bridal magazine.
But she didnt have to work hard to make Jessica look beautiful. : )

 
At 10/19/06, 10:32 AM, Blogger Jordan said...

That was my commment above.

 
At 10/19/06, 10:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Jordan! I did recognize the song right away. That happens to be one of my favs for some reason. Things for me have been busy and hectic but great at the same time. Thanks for asking. The pics from your wedding were great-10 groomsmen were impressive. I just saw one of the greatest Rhythm and Blues artists EVER last night and I am still living of that high. So, I hope Jessica can get used to a non-southern winter, she will probably be ok though. So any other big plans or events coming up?

 
At 10/19/06, 10:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

btw, adding the snorks to this blog was an awesome move on your part. I used to love that cartoon as a kid!

 
At 10/19/06, 3:16 PM, Blogger Larry said...

Where's the Thundercats love, man??? Do you have something against human-like cats swinging swords and fighting a mummy???

"THUNDER THUNDER THUNDER THUNDERCATS HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!"

 
At 10/19/06, 3:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

what about transformers?

 
At 10/19/06, 10:31 PM, Blogger kathrynthomas said...

sweet post. i too am a child of the eighties. glad you're back online.

 
At 10/23/06, 11:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Kathryn
Larry - Thundercats...I dont know why but I never got into them. But I did get into Transformers more!
P.B.- Hectic huh? Work? School? Any big plans for you?
No big events on the horizon for me. I would like to think there are. You know, some trek across the steppes of Asia or across the jagged peaks of the Andes.... ahhh
but alas, no.
I am excited about getting settled. About enjoying being a newlywed. Getting the youth ministry started. All that stuff is exciting for me right now. I am thinking for our one year anniversy we might go to Europe, Greece, Italy...maybe Scotland.

 
At 10/23/06, 12:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Work and life in general keep me busy. Haven't been in school in years, not sure if I will return. No big plans as of yet. Glad you guys are settling in so well. First anniversary trip to Europe huh? You do realize that with each anniversary the celebration has to get bigger and better right? Good luck with all of that.

Oh yeah, one more cartoon to add to the 80's....heathcliff!

~PB

 

Post a Comment

<< Home